Address: 14 Mayfair Place, Glen Innes, Auckland
- Range of stock: Mostly clothing, linen and bric a brac, with the odd piece of furniture and some electrical
- Customer Service: Staff are friendly locals who seem to genuinely care about the community
- Display: Shop fittings are old, shop could do with lick of paint and a tidy up. Stock isn’t displayed well but staff do the best with what they have
- Stock Quality: Huge range of clothes from poor quality to brand new in a bag. I think they could improve their sorting standards although if you’re happy to forage there are some real gems to be found.
- Price: During the week – cheap to average pricing & on Saturdays – average to top dollar pricing
New Beginnings is an OpShop run by the Auckland City Mission. It’s no frills but that being said you can find some great bargains in there from time to time with generous donations of new stock from some major companies.
The pricing fluctuates as clothing items aren’t tagged with prices, instead the customer must go to the front counter for pricing. My thoughts from a customer service perspective is that its worth taking the time to price clothing, then the customer has the option of deciding whether the price fits within their budget or not and doesn’t face possible embarrassment at the counter.
This is a “push stock into a shop and sell it quick” type opshop rather than a retail shopping experience. The sales staff are friendly and the music is good but you’ll need to sort through some very average clothing at times in order to find a treasure.